Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bike for Bibles!

It is hard to believe how fast this year has been racing by! It feels like such a short time ago that I started studying nursing at Mount Royal, and I am already nearly finished my first year. The Lord has been so good! Cindy has been working hard, balancing her chemistry course, advanced piano practice and work for Dad along with her other school. Despite her busyness, she continues to value family time, and the Lord has blessed her endeavors. This year has brought many challenges for me, both mentally and spiritually, yet I have been reminded again and again of how God’s faithfulness is always steadfast despite my weakness. I am convinced that He will remain faithful as Cindy and I embark on a mission this summer to spread the Word of God—on two wheels.


Lord willing, we will be participating in this year’s Bike for Bibles cycling trip with the Canadian Bible Society to help bring the Word of God to the 2010 Olympics. The route stretches from Revelstoke south towards the American border, and then back up to Calgary, a trek of 842 kilometers in seven days (Jul 25-Aug 1). Our goal is to raise funds to distribute the New Testament and the Book of Hope (a scripture book designed to engage young people with the Word through parables, testimonies and verse memorization) at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, B.C.

Participating in a Bike for Bibles ride has been a dream of Cindy’s and mine for several years. My purpose and passion for this ride comes from my desire to challenge myself physically and spiritually, cultivate deeper reliance on Christ, and support the distribution and translation Scripture, which I know has the power to transform lives. This project is just one example of how the Canadian Bible Society is making an impact in the world by translating and distributing Scriptures to hundreds of language and ethnic groups.

We covet your prayers, for our strength and reliance on Christ, for safety on the road, and for the hearts of those who will receive the Word through this project. It is my conviction that gifts should only be given freely from the heart, without obligation. If you feel obligated or reluctant to give, I would encourage you not to.

If you are able to support us this year, please make cheques payable to the Canadian Bible Society. We would encourage your support any time prior to the ride. Tax receipts will be issued for all donations over five dollars, and 100% of the proceeds go towards the Olympic project.

Thank you so much for your support. If you would like more information, you are welcome to email any time at bikefortheword (at) gmail.com or check our blog at
pressing-towards-the-goal.blogspot.com Let us join the Lord in His work, as tools in the hands of the faithful Maker.

God bless you,

Kimberly and Cindy

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
John 8:30-32

2 comments:

  1. Good job girls! I am so proud of you both - what you're doing shows true strength and endurance. I will definitely be praying for you in these next few months as you train and prepare, and especially in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you! This is totally up your alley. It should be a wonderful adventure to share as sisters, and a great opportunity for you to grow in the Lord. Plus, it's a great cause! God bless you.
    Keep us updated! I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete