Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A trip to Nabon

Here are a few pictures from a trip that we had yesterday to Nabon. Justo, Cristina (a home schooler from the church), and I went on a four and a half hour hike exploring for caves. It was a great time. I also got to see where Justo lived for three years. I'll have to write more later...
God bless!
Kimberly

3 comments:

  1. 'Nabon' - it sounds like a planet from Star Wars :D
    Glad you had fun!
    And those caves look incredible. I also love the cactus plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I wish I had gotten to have gone caving when I was there! As I'm sure you're finding out, it seems like there is never enough time to do every thing that you would like to do. Those look like nice caves. How deep did they go?

    Justo sure looks happy with his Guitig. What do you think about it?

    I see that you saw my parents house. Did you like the cement yard? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Matthew! You´re right... there are more opportunities here than there is time. The main big cave that we found was about 40 feet tall and maybe 80 feet deep. It had bats and stalactites and everything... and mud, and a not-so-nice smell. :) Justo was happy with his Guitig. I am not terribly fond of the drink... there´s something wrong about drinking fizzly water without a taste. :) It was very neat to see your parents´house. The cement yard was not too surprising, because a lot of houses here have cement yards!

    Thanks for commenting Matthew!

    ReplyDelete