Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Birthday Pictures

Hello everyone!
Justo helped me today to get a picture program installed on this computer so that I can post pictures to my blog easily, so here's the first batch! Justo instigated a wonderful surprise birthday party for me on my birthday last Saturday. It was at German and Justo's house in the afternoon, and I was seriously unsuspecting. It is easy for them to plan surprise things for me... all they have to do is plan in Spanish! There is a picture of Senora Blanca cooking. She is like my mother here; a very sweet and godly lady. The little girl in the yellow dress is Sarita, who is a home schooler from the church here. She is so sweet! They have a tradition here of having the birthday person "bite the cake." As you can see from the pictures, an accomplice behind the birthday person ensures that they do more than just bite it! It was a very fun time. The people are so kind and affectionate. Justo bought a hat for me for my birthday. It was from the hat factory that we visited the day before. He had Pauola, another girl from the church buy it so that I didn't know it was for me. I'll have to post some of the hat pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Awesome pics! And happy birthday as well. Sound like you're having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really neat pictures Kim! Did you take those on your camera?

    Happy birthday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Merissa! Yes, I took these pictures on my camera. There are a lot of great subjects to photograph here.

    ReplyDelete