This week, schedules have begun to fall into place for teaching English. Right now I am teaching Jose and Juan English on Tuesday mornings (friends from different families), the Abril family on Tuesday afternoon and the Parra family on Monday afternoons. These are all home school families that have just begun home schooling this year. Home schooling is a very new thing here, so it is a big challenge for these families. Please pray for perseverence for them, and that I may encourage then in having strong biblical education for their children. I see such a difference between the the big school here with over a twelve hundred students (the colegio bilingue) and the home school environment. You can see some of the students at the school in formation in the picture, and one of the class rooms. The other picture is of Jose and Juan (Jose in red). It is such a blessing to see families learning together. For one of my English classes, all the kids, the mom and the dad were there, all learning English together. It is so nice to see how families are meant to be... together helping one another, not separated into age classes with throngs of other children and not enough attention. Please continue to pray for contined Spanish comprehension for me. It is exhausting to listen to a different language all day, and difficult to communicate the ideas that I want to communicate sometimes, especially with the home school families, who don't know a much English yet.
I am spending most mornings at the colegio bilingue. This Thursday, they have and English festival at the school, and I am a judge for one of the competitions (speaking English tongue twisters), so you can pray that all will go smoothly and I will continue to have opportunities to reach people here with the love of Christ.
In Christ,
Kimberly
Hey Kim, this is awesome! I would absolutely love to teach English some day. I sort of understand the hearing another language all the time that you can't understand ordeal, but not to quite the same extent I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
It must feel like you've been put in a box and you're are limited in your input. Losing the ability of easy and effective communication must be tough.
ReplyDeleteWhen Lucas Lucas and I were there we joked around that we quit talking Spanish at 9:00 P.M. With your perseverance I'm sure that you are able to hang in there till 10:00. Keep pressing on.
ReplyDelete